Thursday, February 7, 2013

Non-Scale Victories!

Happy Thursday People! Today I have a link up, a recipe and some info on my night :)

Today I am linking up with KTJ and Lex for non-scale victories!

First of all, I think non-scale victories are probably one of the most important things to recognize while you're on your own weight loss journey. The scale isn't everything as I should know as I dieted for the last 6 months and never once got on the scale.

I was completely guilty of getting on the scale  when I was trying to lose weight before and if Ihad lost weight then that in my mind meant it was ok to eat whatever I wanted as a reward because I was losing weight anyways right? However, if I didn't lose weight I would get discouraged and then eat whatever I wanted because it wasn't working anyway right?

Sometimes the scale can have way too much power over your mind and that's just not how life should be. You have to enjoy the little things too :)

button
I have a few non scale victories this week. First, my cousin is getting married in September and my bridesmaid dress came in. The one I ordered a size down 8 weeks ago as motivation for it to fit. Well moment of truth...and that baby zipped! I was soooo happy! It's a smidge tight but hey I'll take it! Here is a pic of the dress...



Next, I did not want to work out on Tuesday and Wednesday Like NOT! All I could do was say I'll just get up and do it tomorrow, I'm tired, I don't want to etc. But then I checked my email and reread ALL of the support that I am receiving from YOU guys and you know what?! I got off my ass and did it! I MADE the time. I didn't FIND the time. You guys are so much inspiration and I WANT to see that scale move next week! PLUS I lost 4 inches last month...so whatever gets me in them jeans baby! (remember Genuine's song whatever happened to him?)


Tuesday

Wednesday! Yes In progress! I'll get there!


Next is a fajita recipe. Original Recipe found here  I played around with it a bit and here is what I came up with

1lb chicken breast cut into strips
1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper cut into strips
2 white or yellow onions cut into strips
1 tsp Veg Oil
1 tsp Cayenne
1 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tbsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Salt

Put the oil into a pot and toss the chicken in. Add half amount of each of the spices listed about (1/2tsp) and stir the chicken to coat. Brown for about 5-8 minutes for until chicken browned on outside.

Then put in onions and peppers, add the other half of the spices and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until peppers and onions are tender.

This is a pic I took when I made them first last week without red pepper


And wha la! 1 cup=170 calories! It's just enough heat and so easy. The original recipe calls to let meat marinate for 3 hours but who has time for that? I took shortcuts and I love it! I can eat this for lunch almost all week long and its the perfect amount of heat!



Well there ya have it! Almost the weekend people. Tonight I'm going to Spank which is a 50 shades of gray parody with the bestie. Anyone heard of it?? So out for mexican or sushi (really how to pick between those two, my absolute favs!) and then to the show! I'll let you guys know how it is!




9 comments:

  1. Wow, very brave to order a size down and good for you to doing th week and getting that baby to zip! I bet it is going to look great :) congrats on all your awesome NSVs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I feel like I'm tied down to the scale. If it doesn't move then I become discouraged. I love this NSV idea! If my jeans are a little less loose (but the scale number didn't change) something must be working in the right direction.
    Your fajita recipe looks awesome! Def going to try that. Here's a roll-up fajita recipe I made last week. We loved it, and didn't miss the tortillas one bit.
    http://d-and-s-macke.blogspot.com/2013/01/fajita-stuffed-chicken.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so making that recipe! Way to go in your NSV lady that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why I never started counting inches. It's a brilliant way to placate yourself when the scale is being stubborn. Glad you're doing it (and glad you've got so many NSV to push you onward)! I've never heard of Spank, but please let me know if it's good! I haven't seen a movie in a theater in foh-eve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the size down :) That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is gorgeous! And I'll be making those fajitas asap- they look delish!

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award. You can check it out here:

    http://keepingupk.blogspot.ca/2013/02/nominated.html

    Hope you participate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is gorgeous!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to be able to zip something when you are thinking it won't? Congrats!!

    I nominated you for a liebster!! Stop by http://isemingerchronicles.blogspot.com to get your questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog a few days ago! Im loving it I can't believe you just started it a few months ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stumbled across your blog from Skinny Meg :) I've been reading from the beginning! So Spank is coming to my city and there's a LivingSocial deal for $35. To see or not to see?

    ReplyDelete